The 20th Universeum Annual Meeting will take place in The Czech Republic, from the 18-21 June 2019.
This year the conference will be organised and hosted by the Mendel Museum of Masaryk University in Brno, together with Charles University in Prague (Czech republic) and the University of Bratislava (Slovakia). Make sure you save the date!
CALL FOR PAPERS
The theme for 2019 is :
UNIVERSITY MUSEUMS & COLLECTIONS AS NETWORKS FOR UNDERSTANDING THE WORLD: SHAPING NARRATIVES OF KNOWLEDGE FOR THE PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE.
This main theme focuses on how the university perceives the role of university museums and how new interpretative approaches in sociology, museology, heritage management studies, history and the sciences etc., define and shape the relationship between universities and their museums.
We invite you to contribute to this collective reflexion and submit your abstract before the 1st February 2019,
All abstracts will be reviewed by the programme committee;
- Ondřej Dostál,Mendel Museum, Masaryk University (CZK), Chair
- Lucie Vychodilová, Mendel Museum, Masaryk University (CZK), Vice-Chair
- Frédérique Andry-Cazin, Sorbonne University (France)
- Esther Boeles, University of Amsterdam (NL)
- Jan Dolák, Comenius University) (SK)
- Maria Economou, The Hunterian, University of Glasgow (UK)
- Martina Galetová, Charles University (CZK)
- Marlen Mouliou, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (Greece)
- Sébastien Soubiran, Jardin des sciences, University of Strasbourg (France)
- Michal Stehlík, National museum (CZK)
- Pavol Tišliár, Etnology and museology Comenius University (CZK)